Team Ortho Foundation and Get Lucky are taking additional and new security precautions to keep this event as safe as we can.
- Bag drop bags will be available at packet pick-up and on race day and will be clear in color. You must use the clear bag on race day. If you bring your own bag to bag check specifically, we reserve the right to inspect it for security purposes.
- Spectators should leave backpacks and big purses at home. If they are brought into the race area, they will be subject to inspection.
- We ask that participants and spectators be aware and respectful of sirens and emergency vehicles that may end up on the course. If you hear or see an emergency vehicle, please move to the side of the road.
Team Ortho has other additional security measures in place at all points on the course.
This information is from 2016, please check back soon for updated information for 2017!
The Get Lucky is a 21K, 14k and 7K covers a lot of area along the Downtown in St. Paul. As a result, we are posting detours and road closure information, to make this inconvenience, a little more bearable.
West Bound Shepard from Eagle to Randolph will remain OPEN
Police monitored access to Spring Street using Eagle Street available.
East Bound Shepard from Eagle will be closed from 8:00am-12:30pm
7:30am-12:30pm East bound and West boudn Kellog Blvd. E from Wacouta to Robert Street will be closed.
7:30am-12:30pm Jackson St., no access to East Bound Kellog Blvd or Shepard Road.
General traffic wishing to go westbound should take Hwy 5/West 7th, which runs parallel to Shepard road as your detour. St. Paul Police will allow access to local businesses when it is safe.
Kellogg Blvd will not be available starting at Sibley St. up to Broadway St. between the hours of 6:00-1:30 pm.
Downtown traffic should use 5th St. to go eastbound, 4th St. to go westbound.
Downtown access from Sibley will be unavailable.
Eagle Parkway – Upper Landing Access
Residents and businesses customers in Upper Landing Park will be allowed to travel Westbound on Shepard Road during the event – through the Parking Lot. They will not be able to go Eastbound on Shepard Road at Eagle Parkway and Washington Street. They all will be re-routed up Eagle Parkway to West 7th. Please note that Police will allow for cars to cross in between runners but expect delays between the times of 8:30am to 11:30 am when crossing.
*We will do our best to get everything off the road as quickly as possible and St. Paul Police will open roads behind the last runners.
7K Race Start Time: 9:30 AM
Race Location: CHS Field 360 N Broadway St, St. Paul, MN 55101
This year due to the weather and the large number of athletes, we will start you in waves according to your estimated minute per mile pace.
- Elite, 7 minute, 8 minute and 8:30 minute pace will start at 9:30AM
- 9 minute pace to 10 minute pace will start approximately at 9:33AM
- 11 minute pace, 12 minute pace, and recreational walkers will start approximately at 9:36AM
Packet pick-up is the time when you come and get your bib, chip and gear for the upcoming Get Lucky race!
Location: Saint Paul Union Depot
If you cannot attend packet pick-up:
- You can have your gear picked up by a friend or family member. They MUST have a photo copy or a picture of your photo ID (texted or emailed to your phone) with them along with your bib number to pick up your packet.
- You can have your packet mailed to you. The convenience fee will be $14.99 if you request the mailing after registration. (Click here to request mail-out). Mailouts must be requested by February 19th to ensure delivery in time for the race.
- While there is no general race day packet pick-up, if you cannot attend any of the scheduled packet pick-ups or have anyone who can pick up for you or purchase a mailout, then, for a $20 convenience fee per person, we will have your packet waiting for you at our information/registration tent on race day. This must be prearranged, as only the packets of those who have prearranged this with us will be there on race day. Click here to request race day pick-up. If you choose this option, please keep in mind we cannot guarantee your gear size will be available.
Two Ways to speed up your trip through packet pick-up:
1. Bring your bib number and photo ID with you
2. If you want to come when it's least busy, consider coming during the middle hours of packet pick-up. While steady with participants, those middle hours are usually easier to navigate because they are after the early rush and before the late rush.
Knowing your bib number when you come to packet pick-up helps you and our volunteers get you your packet smoothly and efficiently.
Bib numbers are not automatic with your registration. Please allow a few days for it to be updated. Thank you for your patience.
Bonus gift: Get Lucky/Saints Buff!
We want to offer a huge thank you to our partners for helping us put on the Get Lucky! Your patronage is very welcome at all of these locations!
If you are interested in inquiring about vendor space or sponsorship opportunities please email teamorthobritt@gmail
The Get Lucky website has all of he race information you need. You may want to download the Race Guide which is also the one-stop spot for all of your information. From Pacers to water stops, this document will help you get ready for race day.
Check back in March for the 2017 race guide.